Are You Still Keeping up with Your New Year’s Resolutions?

Athletes_OmahaBarbellIf you haven’t been keeping up with your New Year’s Resolutions, it could be because some can appear too hard to reach right out of the gate. The fitness experts at Omaha Barbell, the #1 gym in Omaha, have a few resolutions that you can keep easier than you think with just a little willpower. At Omaha Barbell we suggest exercising at minimum every other day and work up to every day.

If you are new to working out thirty minutes might seem like a reality; believe it or not thirty minutes is not that long. For example: that is the same as a TV show or commute from work to home.

As fitness experts we recommend you to get active! If starting an exercise program seems to be a bit difficult, make some small changes like not riding that elevator, instead walk up the stairs! Walking can build up stamina and lung capacity. It can even help you lose weight if you start walking more and at a quicker pace than you usually do. At Omaha Barbell we strive ourselves on building strength. We recommend starting a strength training program as you will burn more calories and see results quicker. Below several of our Omaha Barbell Gym members have provided a few of their resolutions that get results!

Drink water

Drink more water. That doesn’t sound so hard does it? It is actually pretty simple. Water is good for you. At Omaha Barbell we are all about working smarter, not harder! Drinking the proper amount of water helps keep your muscles from cramping. It also helps curb your appetite while balancing your pH and organ functions. Your goal should be to drink 60-120 ounces a day or about 4-8 cups of 16 ounces. Drink two in the morning and two before you go to bed and you’ll be half way there!

Follow the 80-20 rule – Remember it all comes down to diet

Eat healthy whole foods 80% of the time and the other 20% you can eat what you want in moderation. Cut back on bread, cheese, sweets, etc. We at Omaha Barbell know that drinking soda is a hard habit to kick, but you could start by drinking one less a day and go from there. Instead, drink sparkling water with fruit flavors; they are just as good and better for you.

Sit up straight

Didn’t your mom ever tell you to sit up straight? She was right! But it’s not as simple as it sounds; we have to constantly think about not slouching over. Here is a tip: if you find yourself sitting all day, do hip extensions during the week to keep your muscles firm.

Call the Omaha Barbell, the Best Gym in Omaha Today at (402) 594-4485

Omaha Barbell Gym is a full service gym located in Omaha and voted Omaha’s best gym. We hope our list of resolutions made it seem less scary to be able to keep one throughout the year and afterwards. Once you make it a habit, it’s easier to keep. For more information or any questions about our fitness programs or our gym, contact us at (402) 594-4485 today!

This entry was posted in Misc. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.